Dorset Trade Windows Ltd - Terms & Conditions
| ||The terms and conditions of this agreement are designed to ensure the completion to the satisfaction of the customer of the contract or contracts contained in or referred to in the order (‘order’) attached hereto. The said terms and conditions should not affect the statutory or common law rights of the customer. |
| ||This agreement is between the company or the firm who shall receive the order for the supply and installation of the goods. |
- The ‘premises’ shall mean the property at which the installation is to take place.
- The ‘customer’ shall be the person or persons placing the order with the company.
- The ‘company’ means Dorset Trade Windows Ltd.
- The ‘goods’ means all products and services provided by Dorset Trade Windows Ltd to the customer, by means of sale, hire, rental or otherwise..
| ||The purpose of the surveyor’s inspection is to ascertain the feasibility of the installation referred to in the order. This is not a general survey of the premises and inspection will be confined to those areas of the premises, which directly relate to the proposed installation. Defects or damage existing before the installation or any damage arising thereafter to the premises are not the responsibility of the company unless directly attributable to the work done. |
- The anticipated delivery date quoted will run from the date of the order.
- If the work is not substantially completed within the estimated period of the company the customer may serve written notice on the company requiring the company to complete the work within such reasonable period as the customer may specify. (In general the company will accept 6-8 weeks as being reasonable). If the work is not completed within this period the customer may cancel the uncompleted work covered by this agreement without penalty to himself by the service of written notice to that effect upon the company. The company will however honor any legal obligations that arise as a result of failure to complete the works within this period. However, should the customer cause a delay in completing the installation then the company will have the same rights as specified above.
- The Company will commence and complete the works as soon, as is reasonably practicable unless prevented from doing so for reasons beyond its control.
- Upon receipt of notice that the goods are ready for installation by the company the customer shall allow access to the premises as soon as the company shall reasonably require.
- The Company shall not be responsible for delay in delivery owing to matters outside the Company's control.
- The company does not undertake to move services, fixtures or fittings, which are ancillary to the basic structure of the property e.g. radiators pipes and electricity, telephone of televisions cables unless specifically stated in the order.
- The company will endeavour to ensure that the works match existing finishes but will not be liable for non-matching due to weathering of existing materials and cannot guarantee the matching of external specialist finishes such as pebble-dashing or similar material. When variations occur in existing plaster lines the company cannot guarantee that equal subframe will be visible all round, but will do its best to ensure that a high standard is achieved.
- The company cannot undertake to remove intact any existing glass, frames or secondary double-glazing units or guarantee to remove or replace existing secondary double-glazing units without damage.
- All materials removed during the course of installation will be cleared from site and cannot be retrieved thereafter. If any materials are required to be retained (note clause D above) this must be clearly stated in the order and will be the responsibility of the customer to arrange such operations.
- All On-Line (Internet) orders payment of 100% is required for the order to proceed. This allows Dorset Trade Windows Ltd to reduce it costs and give you, the customer the best possible service. All other orders will be upon the discression of Dorset Trade Windows Ltd.
- The company’s personnel are authorized to accept cash, cheque or visa debit and credit card (3% surcharge inclusive on credit card only). The customer’s failure to pay the balance on satisfactory completion will constitute a breach of this agreement.
- Vat will be payable by the purchaser at the appropriate rate, where applicable i.e. that in force at the time the invoice for the works is raised.
- Dorset Trade Windows Ltd reserves the right to make additional charges relating to failed cheques or any other type mispayment including fraudulent monies.
- If payment is delayed beyond the agreed terms the Company reserve the right to charge interest on the outstanding balance at a rate of 3% above the rate of the HSBC Bank Ltd.
- The goods shall remain the property of Dorset Trade Windows Ltd until the balance is fully paid by the Customer and any cheques cleared, but shall be at the risk of the Customer as from the date to delivery.
| ||Any illustrations in the companies catalogues, brochures or similar written material are for the customers guidance only and will not be to scale. |
- This agreement is conditional upon the approval of the companies surveyor to the work specified - All fitted prices are subject to survey.
- The company reserve the right to make such modifications to the work as the surveyor considers appropriate, subject to such modifications being detailed in writing to the customer (see section 12).
- If the surveyor shall not grant his approval or the customer does not accept the modifications referred to in the sub-paragraph (B) hereof, the contract will be treated as terminated immediately, and any deposit paid by the customer refunded. In the event that the surveyor shall not grant his approval, the company if requested by the customer shall provide within 14 days an explanation of the surveyor’s findings.
- It is the company’s intention that the terms will form the whole of the agreement between the two parties. The customer is advised to put any changes in writing.
- The customers are advised to satisfy themselves that the contract, with any additions or changes, entirely meets their requirements.
- The estimated period of delivery/installation will run from the date of the order or from the date when both parties have agreed any additions or changes. This must all be specified in writing
- In the interest of efficiency when dealing with any query, written notice of such query must be given to the company.
- Any complaint about the goods supplied shall be entertained by the Company if made within three days of delivery/installation. Should this situation arise the company must be given the opertunity to rectify.
- The decision regarding any alleged defect shall be final and conclusive.
- Unless consumer has reasonable in refusing entry, the customer shall grant the company all reasonable facility to remedy any complaint for which it may be liable.
| ||The customer is responsible for: |
- Obtaining any necessary planning, legal or other permission prior to the installation.
- Where necessary, the removal or re-sitting prior to installation of any pipes and cables and also to make any necessary arrangements with the regulatory authorities.
- Ensuring the space for installation/fitting is clear of all obstacles, these include scaffolding poles, Acrow props, etc.
- Giving access to all mains services if required for the purpose of fulfilling the Order and obtaining any permission so that the company’s workmen may gain access to adjoining properties for the purpose of carrying out the works.
- The cost of any additional work rendered necessary to complete the installation as a result of failure of the customer or the customer’s sub-contractor to comply with the company surveyor’s specifications. In the case where a base is installed by the customer or the customer’s sub-contractor and where it has been constructed inadequately or incorrectly the company will not be held responsible for any subsequent lose or damage attributable to defects with the base.
- Damage to the works carried out or goods installed that is occasioned by the customer or the customers own sub-contractors carrying out any building or other works.
- Redecoration after installation
- Any necessary alterations to pelmets, blinds or curtains, tracks or poles.
| ||The company’s double glazing units are designed primarily to reduce heat loss. The presence of condensation is dependent upon the environment within the dwelling. The company gives no warranty concerning the incidences, prevention or elimination of condensation following the installation of its products. |
| ||Samples are intended to demonstrate the working of typical items and the materials to be used. The goods, which are the subject of the Order, will be manufactured in the manner and such quality, as the company shall consider most suitable. |
The company may be able to offer a variety of systems to the customer and the onus will be upon the company to demonstrate to and to decide with the customer which system will be used. Subject to agreed variations all installations will conform to any samples shown to the customer.
Cancellation by Customer (Cooling off Period)
| ||The customer may cancel the Order within 7 days of ordering and receive a full refund, longer if the frames have not gone in to production. |
| ||Due to external forces for raw materials etc, all quotes and offers can be withdrawn by Dorset Trade Windows Ltd without notice. |
| ||The company shall not be responsible for any consequential loss of any description incurred by the Purchaser as a result of any failure or fault in the goods or for damages or personal injuries or other losses, howsoever caused directly or indirectly by the goods. |
The company reserve the right to delay or cancel installation due to safety or construction issues. An example of this may be the supporting brickwork of a door recess completed less than 24 hours prior to installation, or wet tiling/plastering within close proximity to the installation. A further example of this is that scaffolding is required to safely complete the task or the site is just not safe overall. The company reserve the right to charge for these delays.
Dorset Trade Windows Ltd